Sunday, March 25, 2012

Prezi vs.Powerpoint

Okay I believe this vozme image is for the previous post...

Both programs are great presentation programs. Let's look at ease of use. I feel that both are easy to get up and running. The thing that I don't like about Prezi however is that you are not able to "undo" a mistake. So that if you accidentally make a change and want to go back and undo it to the original, you must start again. That can be very time consuming. This might be because I don't "own" Prezi and that "undo" feature might be available if I purchased it. With PowerPoint, I like how you can in the "thumbnail", switch frames around with little effort. Not so with Prezi...it involves having to renumber and wow that can be a real big job. Again, it could be from a lot of experience with PowerPoint versus Prezi. I'd like to give it the benefit of the doubt. On the other hand, for Prezi, I do like the ability to create a background and use that as the theme of the presentation. I like how it allows you to zoom into portions of your picture or text. I do like Prezi for presentations because it forces you to think more in chunks. It's more global whereas PowerPoint is more linear. The thing that I like about Prezi as a requirement for my students is that it gets them away from "reading" from the screen and putting all their information on it. They must make notecards because Prezi is not designed for heavy text. I would say that is the biggest benefit. Both have their positives and negatives. Just depends on what the goal of the lesson.

No comments:

Post a Comment